I have not updated my blog in quite some time. I was busy finishing my first book, working on a musical, and handling many personal (mis)adventures. However, I plan to get active on here once again with poetry, music, and other smaller pieces. In the meantime, you can follow my newest creative project on Instagram. It’s called Rusty Toybox (@rustytoybox), and if you enjoy my more unhinged material, then it’s probably for you. Anyways, I am looking forward to reconnecting with a lot of you in the near future (if you’re all still on this platform.)
Author reading an excerpt of his personal narrative at the 2014 WALL Literary Journal public reading.
I will be reading a set of poems for this event. The flyer claims I’m an idiot, so I will do my best to prove it right, I suppose.
I recently reconnected with my old artistic partner-in-crime, Ryan Donberg, and we decided to get the band back together, so to speak. We have recorded the first new Snake Eater Trinity tracks since 2007, and I daresay they’re as brutal as anything we’ve ever done. We’re going to be booking shows soon, so stay tuned for that and a vinyl release. Oh yeah, and some of you may know Ryan as The Acid Kid.
FOR FANS OF: THRASH, ELECTRO, HARDCORE, PUNK, WORKPLACE VIOLENCE, VIGILANTE JUSTICE, ANGER, DANGER, ETC.
FILE UNDER: IRATE-CORE
If you’re in the area this Saturday, come watch me fumble around on bass guitar for VAGUESS for the first time live in about seven years.
1. Don’t be stupid, because people can tell.
2. Hide your vices: booze smells, especially on your breath. And track marks ain’t so pretty, neither.
3. There’s no crying in: baseball, war, shoot outs, chess, checkers, horse races, or one night stands (I know it’s hard, but deal with it).
4. Never fall in love. Especially with a woman. Particularly with a woman you love.
5. Keep your friends close, but your vices closer (Sailor Jerry beats railing Mary).
6. Do your homework, but never work at home.
7. You’re not William Wordsworth, but you can come pretty damn close.
8. Just because your ex-girlfriends are right doesn’t mean that you’re wrong.
9. When in doubt, eat Laffy Taffy.
Welcome to WordPress.com. After you read this, you should delete and write your own post, with a new title above. Or hit Add New on the left (of the admin dashboard) to start a fresh post.
Here are some suggestions for your first post.
- You can find new ideas for what to blog about by reading the Daily Post.
- Add PressThis to your browser. It creates a new blog post for you about any interesting page you read on the web.
- Make some changes to this page, and then hit preview on the right. You can alway preview any post or edit you before you share it to the world.